- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 large eggs
Prep time: 35 minutes
Ready in: 35 minutes
- Slice tops and bottoms off bell peppers and finely dice.
- Remove and discard seeds and membranes.
- Slice each pepper into four ½-inch-thick rings.
- Combine the diced pepper with avocado, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, tomatoes, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 4 bell pepper rings, then crack 1 egg into the middle of each ring.
- Season with ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook until the whites are mostly set but the yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently flip and cook 1 minute more for runny yolks, 1½ to 2 minutes more for firmer yolks.
- Transfer to serving plates and repeat with the remaining pepper rings and eggs.
- Serve with the avocado salsa and garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.